Thursday 1 June 2017

Paper Lantern - Mix It Up Challenge #2

Hi everyone, it's a brand new month and that means it's time for a brand new challenge over at Mix It Up Challenge Blog and I am so excited to share this project with you!   Every week we provide you with an anything goes challenge and an optional twist...  this months twist is stamping... hope you guys will play along! Here is what I came up with...



 I have been seeing paper lanterns decorated up on Pinterest a lately,  so wishen I found the lanterns at my local dollar store I got excited... I knew I wanted to do something with that.  I haven't done much stamping lately but I thought I would take out my old Heartfelt Creations stamps and start by making some flowers. I wish I could remember the name of these flowers but this is just simple flowers and any style petal flowers will do... I used 2 sizes of blooms and made 3 large flowers and 2 smaller ones to create my clusters.


Once they where stamped and cut them with a coordinating die... one of the reasons I love working with Heartfelt Creations stamps is that they almost always have a coordinating die! I added some color to them with some distress inks.


Then the fun stuff, I crumpled the up a bit and used my stylus behind each petal to shape the flowers the bigger flowers consist of 2 larger flowers and 1 smaller while the small blooms are 2 small flowers. I them added 2 punched suns and a gem to complete... here is a closeup of the larger bloom




I stamped some leaves with swirls, a stamp and die set from Heartfelt Creations on green card stock and cut those with the coordinating die then cut the die in peach so that I could layer them to have green leaves and the peach swirls. I stamped some butterflies to fill in my design. I decorated the swirls and butterflies with stickels and pearls for an added little touch then arranged the prices onto my lantern and voila! My  embellished paper lantern!!! Here are a few additional close ups




There you have it! Hope you will be joining us this month at MIUCB...remember...  you can enter up to 5 projects each month and the twist is always optional! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Happy crafting!





1 comment: